Thursday, October 15, 2009

CH-BOLC Phase 1 Day 3

Red Letter Day

Well, prayer works. I know this should not be a news flash to any Christian but I just thought you (meaning me) might need a reminder.

Most of the day today consisted of nothing blog-worthy. Then came the moment of truth ... the weigh in. First, let me be sure you understand how this works. There is a height weight chart based on age and gender and the Army wants you to fit into it. Someone of your age, gender, and height should weigh no more than what that chart says. Thanks to General Schwarzkopf, however, this is no longer the ONLY standard. If a soldier does not fit into the chart, a series of measurements are taken and percentage of body fat calculated. Every soldier MUST meet either the height weight requirements or the percentage of body fat ones.

Now, for me, I don't even worry about the weigh in because I don't think I came out of the womb fitting into one of those height weight charts. But the tape has always saved my large buttocks from failing to meet standards.

Today, however, for the first time in my young military career, I did not have to be taped because I passed the height weight check!! I was so shocked I made her repeat her statement again. Part of me thinks it is an error, because none of the charts I can find online agree with her verdict. But for all I know the charts have been updated and the internet just hasn't caught up.

In my heart of hearts, however, I know it's because of all the faithful prayer warriors who were praying "light" thoughts for me today ... so thank you one and all!

But don't quit on me yet ... your work, sadly, is far from done. Tomorrow is the PT test and I desperately need your coverage for that. 5:30 am EST is the bewitching hour, so toss up some prayers before you go to bed tonight since it will all be over by the time most of you wake up. I should be able to meet standards for sit ups and push ups but am nervous about the run since, as many of you know, my doctor suspects I've developed exercise-induced asthma and tomorrow morning will be especially cold. Both of these will be obstacles to overcome.

Thankfully I believe Philippians 4:13 with all my heart ... "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

Thanks SO much for your faithful prayers. I'll let you know how it goes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment